Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Recipe: Shoyu Chicken

So this is a recipe that my co-worker gave me and it is super delicious and easy. I served it over rice and the hubby said it was a keeper.  I think that this would work just fine cooking about 6 hours total on low or maybe 4 hours on high. Depending on the shape of your crock pot (wide vs tall) you may need to increase the amount of soy sauce/sugar/water, just do so in equal proportions. The whole trick is that there should be enough liquid to submerge the chicken. And...if you don't have a crock pot I'm sure this would be equally great simmered on the stove!
Shoyu Chicken
8 bone-in chicken thighs (I used skinless, but I also used some breasts in there too and they were great)
1 1/2 cups soy sauce
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 inches of ginger root, sliced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
3 green onions, chopped

Mix together all ingredients except chicken in a large crock pot. Place chicken in mixture and bring to a bubble on high heat. Turn crock pot down to low and continue to cook for about 3 hours. Chicken will be easy to pull apart and falling off the bone when done. Remove ginger pieces before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment